The benefits of offering free WiFi at your café
If your business is yet to offer free WiFi, irrespective of whether you run a small independent café or you run a national chain of coffee shops, you are missing out on a huge opportunity. With that being said, read on to discover more about the benefits of offering free WiFi at your café.
- Attract more customers to your café – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the fact that you are guaranteed to attract more people to your café. Research indicates that free WiFi provision is one of the main things customers look for when looking for somewhere to eat or drink. This is especially true when it comes to coffee shops, as a lot of people like to bring their laptop and connect to the Internet so that they can check their work emails or finish a university assignment. All in all, this is a great way to make your business stand out from the competition.
- Encourage customers to spend more – By offering free WiFi at your café, you are encouraging customers to stay at your venue longer, which will result in them spending more. This can result in a significant increase in profits over time. After all, if a customer comes to your coffee shop to use your WiFi, they are going to order an extra coffee than they usually would, and perhaps they will even have a bite to eat.
- Target marketing more effectively – One of the key benefits associated with guest WiFi is the ability to gain real-time data about all of your connected customers. You can then use this information to send targeted marketing messages to those in your café. This could be a discount off their next drink, or you could advertise new items on your menu, for example. By having such data handy, you will be able to increase the likelihood of your advertising messages being a success, as you will have tailored them to the customer in question.
- Brand your café with a customised landing page – Your landing page is like your digital shop window. This is what your customers will first see whenever they go to connect to your network. Therefore, you can use this page to brand your company to full effect. Why not include your logo and any other compelling marketing messages? Maybe you could advertise any special deals you have running?
- Get your customers to advertise for you – You can encourage your customers to ‘check-in’ at your venue on Facebook or to share pictures of their coffee on Instagram. By doing this, your customers are going to be effectively advertising for you.
- Increase customer loyalty – Last but not least, not only will you attract new customers to your café, but also you will increase loyalty amongst your current customers. This is because you are enhancing your service to them, not only by giving them free WiFi access but also by sending voucher codes and other special offers.