More and more businesses are offering free WiFi to their customers. This is a great way to enhance the service you provide to your customers, no matter whether you run a café, a hair salon, or a clothing store. However, the benefits extend a lot further than this, which is something not everyone realises. With that being said, read on to discover more about the unexpected benefits of guest WiFi.
- Get to know your customers better – Many business owners do not realise that free WiFi is a great way to get to know your customers. Whenever someone connects to your WiFi network, data will instantly be sent to your central interface. This is extremely useful. After all, the only way to ensure your marketing plan is successful is to get a better understanding of your client base.
- Make money there and then – Customer WiFi encourages people to spend more. There are numerous ways this is achieved. Firstly, when it comes to the likes of cafes and restaurants, customers are likely to stay at your business longer while using the WiFi, and this will result in them buying more drinks and food, and thus spending more. You can also send targeted marketing messages to those in your store, encouraging them to buy something. For example, you could provide a voucher code or reveal details of a special discount code you have running.
- Ensure repeat business – Another benefit of guest WiFi is the ability to secure repeat business. You can send discounts for future visits, or you can offer customers a special discount if they refer a friend or family member to your business.
- Differentiate your company – Offering guest WiFi is a great way to make your business stand out from the competition. Nowadays, more and more people look for free WiFi access when they are determining where to grab a bite to eat or where to go shopping.
- Take advantage of new advertising channels – Guest WiFi opens you up to a wealth of different opportunities. Friendly WiFi is a prime example. If you become a Friendly WiFi provider, you will feature on a search base for parents and young adults that are seeking family-friendly WiFi. Not only does this shed your business in a good light, but it gives you another marketing medium as well.
- Customised landing pages – Finally, another benefit associated with guest WiFi is the ability to have a customised login page. This is the page that all of your customers will see whenever they go to sign into your WiFi network. You can incorporate your logo on this page and any other marketing messages you believe will have an impact.
When you take the six points that have been mentioned above into consideration, it is not tough to understand why so many businesses are turning to guest WiFi to boost their popularity and profits.